The Greater Middlesex Conference promotes the educational mission of its member schools and honorable competition. The organization will provide an environment that compliments and enriches the overall quality of all students’ experiences; providing equitable and safe opportunities for all stakeholders to participate in competitive sports. The GMC will foster academic excellence, sportsmanship, teamwork and individual improvement in an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among its student-athletes and staff.
The GMC will provide leadership and support for member schools under the direction of dedicated school administrators, athletic directors, coaches and consultants.
Member schools share these convictions:
• A safe and healthy playing environment is essential to our mission.
• Participation in interscholastic athletics enhances the educational experience of all students.
• Interscholastic athletics is a privilege.
• Excellence in both academics and athletics is pursued by all.
• Interscholastic participation develops good citizenship and healthy life-styles, fosters involvement of a diverse population and promotes positive school/community relations.
• Cooperation among members advances their individual and collective well-being.